How to Make TV Infomercials
- 1). Select an engaging spokesperson to speak about the product in your commercial. A celebrity endorser, such as the former boxing champion for the George Forman Lean Mean Grilling Machine, is an effective method; however, a non-celebrity who is gregarious can also make for an effective pitchman.
- 2). Maintain a conversational tone between actors in the commercial if using multiple presenters. This helps to make the viewer at ease and more trusting.
- 3). Demonstrate the proper use of your product to show how effective it is.
- 4). Compare the results of your product with a competitor's to highlight where your product is superior.
- 5). Offer bundles, such as buy one, get one free, to improve the appeal of the sales pitch.
- 6). Display a telephone number for viewers to call to purchase your product throughout the infomercial.
- 7). Create a sense of urgency by stating that the price in the infomercial is a limited time offer.
- 8). Offer an installment plan for large items to make the price appear less intimidating.