How to Calculate Your GPA on a 4.0 Scale
- 1). Gather your final grades for all of your classes.
- 2). Write down the class name, your grade and the number of credits each class is worth.
- 3). Assign the correct points to each grade. For example, if you received an A in a class, it equals 4 points. B equals 3 points, C equals 2 points, D equals 1 and F equals 0.
- 4). Multiply the number of points for each grade by the number of credit hours that particular class was worth.
- 5). Add the total numbers of all the classes together, and divide by the total number of credit hours to get your GPA.